KUCHING (Oct 12): Key government agencies, industry players, local venture capital (VC) companies, and government-linked companies (GLCs) are urged to play an active role to engage and collaborate in supporting and ensuring the growth and development of the country’s biotechnology towards translating research outcomes into commercialisable products and services.Minister of Education, Innovation And Talent Development (MEITD) Datuk Roland Sagah Wee Inn believes that the 12th Asian Conference on Lactic Acid Bacteria (ACLAB12) will lay the foundation for such discussions and open up opportunities.“The main objective of ACLAB12 is to disseminate cutting-edge developments of LAB in tandem with the conference theme of ‘Evidence-based LAB: advances, opportunities and challenges’, which comprises eight tracks of scientific sessions."The ACLAB12 will continue to be the primary platform to showcase the fast development of LAB-based research and technologies that will facilitate networking and collaborations with various stakeholders,” he said prior to launching the four-day conference at Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK) yesterday.
1. Clinical development of LAB
2. Microbe-host Interactions
3. Next-generation and innovation of LAB
4. Food, agriculture and aqua-based LAB
5. Fermentation and metabolism of LAB
6. Industrial and regulatory approval of probiotics and application of LAB in other related areas
3. Genetics and genomics of LAB/ other areas